Wednesday, December 19, 2007

ye olde tannenbaum

Tree is up! we have almost no ornaments on it because E The Destroyer, who hears all and understands all, apparently has a short circuit in his brain that erases any admonishments of "Leave that alone!" or "Don't touch those!" So absolutely no presents will be set out until Xmas Eve. We have a few presents tucked into the branches of the tree, which i actually like the look of. We got guitar strings for P's teacher, Sr. Wright (don't worry, he doesn't read my blog) and i made a pair of earrings for Sra. Hernandez, the teacher's aide.

Speaking of school, I'm royally pissed off. Today was the Holiday Program (heaven forbid it be a Christmas program) and i didn't see one bit of it. The multi-purpose room at the school is ridiculously small, they apparently had multiple grades performing at the same time, and they sat the kids down on the floor instead of on the stage. So there was absolutely no room anywhere - parents were standing in full body contact and i couldn't even get through the door. I spent a few minutes craning my neck but E was awful and i finally lost my temper and left. I admit i muttered a few unpleasant words. Now I have to beg around and see if any other parents got in and if i can get a picture of Paul on stage.

I just mailed out the Christmas cards, which means that they probably won't get to anybody in time, but doggone it i am going to do SOMETHING nice and normal and try to keep some level of contact with long-lost friends. that's kind of what this blog is about, too.

4 comments:

liannallama said...

oh, (((HUGS))) sorry you didn't get to see Paul! I have had many a tree only decorated on the top because of playful kitties, LOL!

And speaking of cards--my friend Karen received one addressed and written out to you! Except I put her address instead of yours! So who knows what you'll get and what it will say! Maybe nothing if I really screwed things up! In any case it will be late because I sent it to your old address and maybe it had someone else's name on it, LOL! Sigh--Christmas--gotta love it!

cyn the win said...

Colleen, for someone as green as yourself I am SHOCKED that you sent out evil tree-destroying Christmas cards. I swear that's all I've heard lately is how if every family in America didn't send out cards we'd save a forest or whatever. Bah humbug.

Stephanie said...

It's worth a forest to keep in touch!

Have a Merry Christmas!

colleeeen said...

sigh... if i could find affordable "green" xmas cards then i would send them. i think for next xmas i'll have to make my own letterpess (out of recycled wood) and print my own cards on recycled paper with soy-based inks. yes, i am mocking myself just a little bit, but then i would actually like to do it. ah, i'm such an easy target.