Friday, June 06, 2008

Allyne is here

So my first-cousin-once-removed Allyne is here. So far it has been sedate - yesterday we took her to famous Crystal Cove to see the beach cottages. We saw dolphins playing in the surf and got shakes at the Shake Shack. She shares my love of Japan, so today we are going into LA to see Little Tokyo, and she will almost certainly buy some manga and little Japanese goodies. Saturday Dan and I are taking her to Magic Mountain, as she and Dan share a love of hideous roller coasters. I may survive, but if you never hear from me again, I have died a horrible death from vomiting.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

do you remember when we went to Knotts Berry Farm and you were so "brave" and said you would go on the flippy big roller coaster. You stood in line for and hour with me and someone else and you were sure you were going to get on it. Then you walked right through the cars and wouldn't get on the ride. And I had to ride it all by myself. And it was a blast. And I made fun of you . . . and I'm doing it again.

Love you

colleeeen said...

what were we, twelve? man, i was a chicken.

courtney said...

SO JEALOUS!!!!! Lets see we satyed home and had a staycation in our backyard with a bunch of rug rats! I would love to go to little tokyo sometime. We should go.

colleeeen said...

i should note that Courtney and my parents made the whole thing possible by watching Paul & Eli for two days. Courtney, I swear I will not lean on you for babysitting until at least August. ;)

cyn the win said...

i used to LOVE roller coasters. but something happened in my 20s and i developed a serious case of motion sickness for roller coasters, cars, planes, you name it. ugh.

i don't think i've ever been to little tokyo? i've been to chinatown though. i wear my red brocade satin slippers/shoes out every once in a while (out of laziness) and everybody comments on them. Love Chinatown!

courtney said...

whatever!! We love having paul come over!! When eli is potty trained he can come to. Once you have 3 adding 1 more is no big deal. Whenever matthre and I get a chance to do anything adult we will lean on you for babysitting.