Monday, June 16, 2008

Montana, here I come

I have less than two weeks before I leave for Montana. My departure date is not set in stone; my only requirement is that I have to be in Missoula on July 4th so I can pick Dan up at the airport.

Two weeks! I'll have to take my sewing machine with me. My house is not in order. My vegetable garden is not where I want it to be. I'll have to hire some kid to come water it and feed the cats while Dan is not home. And yo add insult to it all, the Times just ran this article on no-dig, minimal-water vegetable gardening! I want to try it incredibly badly, but I have to ask "Why couldn't they have runt his article two months ago?" I have been laboriously digging up hardpan, completely neglected dirt, and all along I could have been doing this no-dig stuff instead? All I can do is sigh. the time and labor I've wasted... now I just need to find out where I can buy straw.

2 comments:

liannallama said...

oh--glad you are going to do something (I hope) that is fun! (((HUGS))) to you for all you have been going through! I am thinking of you!

Stephanie said...

Happy Montana-ing!