Saturday, September 06, 2008

Weekend Roundup

No more politics, I promise. Although I did love how it brought everybody out of the woodwork! Stephen, your blog is long overdue, even if it does end up just being me and you arguing about how and when the world will end. I'll argue that if Obama is elected, he really WILL turn out to be an Islamist terrorist and he'll blow us all up. You can argue that if McCain is elected, he will deplete all of our remaining credit and troops on bombing Iran, which will leave us vulnerable when Russia and China decide to invade. Your scenario is more likely, I have no faith in the American voters ever electing a Democrat again. I need to start Mandarin lessons! Crud, I broke my promise in the very same paragraph I made it in.

Two weeks back into college, I'm feeling a little more on my feet now. My reading comprehension still leaves much to be desired, but this week in lab I sat next to two very nice young men (younger than most of my nephews, ack!) who made the lab experience much better. They are so young, so young. Still waiting for Miss In-Your-Face-Ignorance to drop the class, but at least I found out I am not the only one who wishes she would STOP TALKING.

Paul and I went to a wedding reception tonight. Eli has a fever (nothing serious, just toddler ague), which gave Daniel an excellent excuse to stay home and not have to socialize. The bride was a mature woman from our ward who had been Paul's Sunday School teacher two years in a row. She loves Paul, and he loves her, so it was unthinkable that I would go and not take him, but of course he made it impossible to engage in much adult conversation. And I really like adult conversation. Insert sigh here.

1 comment:

Beulahboy1 said...

I like adult conversation too! When are we going to see each other again? when can you get together? I'm sure with school, kids, house, and husband, you have next to no time, but are you planning a hiking trip or anything that we can maybe go on on a Saturday or Sunday (you can hike on a Sunday right?) We don't have to go hiking, but I thought that it might be nice to do something physically active. Just hanging out is fun too! or the beach as summer comes to a close. let me know!

email me!