So my birthday happened to occur this week. It really just cements that i am turning into a horrible, desperately cranky old woman. some notable things that occurred on my birthday:
1. I threatened to climb Mt. Baden-Powell and urinate on the monument at the top.
2. I referred to drivers at my college as "S.O.B's." I said the acronym, not the real phrase, but as Frank Barone once said, "You can say 'heck' all you want, He knows you mean 'Hell'!"
3. I spent 5 hours studying chemistry.
4. My friend Julia, who is a nicer friend than I deserve, watched the boys for me so Dan could take me out to dinner.
4. I had a lovely dinner at the Old Vine Cafe and ate a vegan cupcake from Native Foods.
5. I received two birthday cards in the mail, and 4 happy birthday text messages (One was a video of my 2-year-old niece Brooklyn saying "Happy Birthday Aunt Colleen"). It's like i'm 16 years old.
I got chocolate, bath salts, and a cd/ipod-dock alarm clock radio. The chocolate and bath salts were right on target, but the radio was not quite right and will get returned. Instead I will buy myself a hand hoe, because gardening has taken over my life. I sowed half the backyard with native California grass seeds yesterday and hopefully will get the other half sown today. I have been skipping the gym lately (their babysitting times just don't work for me right now) but because of all the gardening I have been getting a good upper body workout at home.