Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Stephen will laugh at me

I'm trying to talk Dan into cheaping out on a house, too. I mentioned this one a few posts back. It's just over 1000 SF. There is indeed a right-of way, the road ends at the next-door-neighbor's driveway. The price has been dropped since I last mentioned it, and I'm tempted to make a lowball offer of 20% below the listed price. That would make an insanely low mortgage payment. We could save our down payment back in about a year, then buy another place (because I am certain prices will be lower by then) and rent out the smaller place at a profit. We are already in 1300 SF right now and I could certainly jettison some more stuff.

My first Chemistry exam is in 7 days and I am already in high anxiety mode. I feel like I don't know ANYTHING and I will have to go back and do extra homework to re-acquaint myself with the rules for scientific notation and significant figures. Bleccch. I'll be hiring babysitters just so I can study.

Warning: more garden talk! I have more blooms in the front yard - my first five-spot, more lupines (the cold snap made them turn lavender), and some tidy tips. I got the backyard seeded with a mix of wild grasses and desert wildflowers. I would love to grow some desert mariposa, but I'm not going to hunt them down.

6 comments:

Iris said...

I really like your brain and heart. I am so glad I stopped and talked to you! <3

Anonymous said...

I am not laughing. I think its wise...one can never have too much real estate...would you sell the townhouse? or are you hoping at some time to own three houses? Now I am jealous...you should let everyone on your facebook know...That'll show our 6th grade GATE class!!!

colleeeen said...

ugh, we'll unload the townhouse as soon as we can do it without losing our shirts in the deal. we are officially underwater on it now. i would not be surprised if it is worth $150k by the time this is all over. we paid $200k. so i think i'll skip bragging to the GATE-rs for now. but yes, i think owning three properties is not outside the realm of possibility. the problem is that Dan does not want to do it. he is failing to see the opportunity.

colleeeen said...

and Iris! Hi! I can't wait to see you!

Jon Harmon said...

This might help for brushing up on the scientific notation and sig figs.
Let us know if there's anything else you need to study!

colleeeen said...

Jon, hi. I have no idea who you are, but thank you for the link. My teacher is great, but hearing it presented slightly differently also helps the brain absorb information.