Thursday, May 21, 2009

It's 3 a.m.

And I am awake. Our neighbors across the creek have a lot of unchecked brush and trees at the back of their lot, and whatever animals live there are making a ruckus tonight. If I didn't know better I'd say it must be feral pigs, but the most likely culprits are raccoons. Squealing and snorting and echoing right into my bedroom window. Those are the raccoons who will eventually come over, sneak into my yard and try to murder my girls (that's what I've taken to calling the chickens). And so I am awake, listening to the enemy snort and wondering what I got on my chemistry final.

4 comments:

Ken said...

I was up at 3am too, after hearing a ruckus... but mine was vomiting kids.

Yuck, and I'm tired.

colleeeen said...

OK, your ruckus was officially worse. ohhhh am i tired.

Kimberly said...

Ok, whatever happened when we could go out dancing until 2 or 3, go to Denny's or some other round the clock restaurant until some other time in the a.m. and return home just as the sun came up only to have to attend school or work the next day? Now I fall asleep at the computer before 10p.m. That's it, I officially feel old.

Kimberly said...

OOh... and look at me- the only reason why this post is able to be posted at after 12 a.m. is because I literally took an unplanned nap from about 7:30 until 9:30 pm in this very seat. Pitiful