Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Disaster!

I settled on a vibrant coral. I got haz-mat orange. I now have a toxic chicken coop! There will be a new quart of paint in the future, but probably not until after I am back from Montana. Until then, the side yard will be lit at night with the soft glow of the fluorescent hen-house.

On to Montana. The really bad news is that we have a pinion bearing that has worn out in the rear axle of the Suburban. If I could fix it myself it would be $126, but I do NOT know how to do that, do not really have time to do it even if i could, and we do not wish to part with the approximately $900 it will cost to have it professionally done. SO we will now be driving to Montana in my Mom's minivan, which I do not want to do but I don't see any other option. My station wagon only holds five.

Now I have to go make a pot of pappa alla pomodoro for the Relief Society dinner tonight. I almost had to be a model in the "fashion show" tonight, but thankfully I dodged that bullet. Then I have to go back to frantically cleaning the house and yard in case people actually show up tomorrow.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Have so much fun in Montana that you forget about your little pinion thingie! Driving in a mini-van isn't the worst thing that could happen, you might actually like it!

Have a ton of fun - did your mom decide to go with you?

colleeeen said...

Yes, Mom is coming. The plan is also to bring Noah, Matthew's 6-year-old. That's why we can't take my wagon.