Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Taming of the Eli

Paul's school is doing a pre-school co-op. Thank heavens. It used to be free, but they lost their grant and weren't sure they'd be able to do it, but they worked out a paid program and hallelujah we're in. I have to pay a lump sum, but it works out to $160 a month which is insanely cheap in comparison to any other local program.

I *know* that Eli's anger and behavioral issues partially stem from my poor mothering skills (and don't say nice things in the comments, I can't bear it, you don't live here and aren't privy to my daily failings). That's why I'm so excited about this and hope it will help both of us to re-set our interactions with each other.

Since it's a co-op, I am expected to participate once a month. Which means I will have to find a creative solution or also pay somebody to watch E two mornings a week. Dan is very good about the extra expense, he makes the good point that this is an investment.

We are meeting a realtor today who thinks he can sell our place within a month and maybe put a few dollars in our pockets too. Fingers crossed.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

It was a THRILL to meet your boys this weekend.

And Eli's comment at the pinata is still one of the Greatest Things I've Ever Heard:

Paul: Let me know when you're done so I can have a turn.
Eli: When I'm done it will be broken.

Sassy Pants!

Julia Harps said...

love the Eli sassy pants comment. that is vinyl lettering on the wall worthy!

Stephanie said...

Eli will love preschool! This will be a good thing for both of you.

Yea for Sassy Pants!

Kimberly said...

Best of luck on selling your property. The market right now is so much more hot than the news would have you believe. I'm floating offers on 4 properties without an answer, and quite frankly- the idea of an equity sale right now is so rare and desired compared to bank owned and short sales (we buyers love answers to our offers... not waiting the requisite month or so)... plus that extra $8000 tax credit expires in Nov. so I'm sure there will be a lot of interest in your place coming from the direction of first time homebuyers. As far as Eli- he's a free spirit. Much can be said for kids' personalities vs. parenting skills. You obviously aren't a total crack at it if Paul's turned out as well as he has.