Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Fall Cleaning, Part Deux

It's no secret to anybody who comes over that I am a REALLY bad housekeeper. I can make excuses, I can make jokes, I can claim that it's just messy but not filthy... but the truth is that the place always looks awful and I'm always brushing it off.

I don't think I'm ever going to become a neat freak, a cleanaholic, but I am really tired of myself. So the next purge-a-thon is ON. I'm stuffing bags with ill-considered clothing purchases (only paying a dollar or two for something makes it easier to give away), books (as painful as that is), and toys. I'm making giveaway piles for housewares. After all that, I'll move on to actually putting stuff on eBay. Or wherever it is the people are selling stuff these days.

If I don't update about my progress, nag me. Please. I need it.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

It's always easier to keep things cleaner when there is less stuff. Keep going!

Kimberly said...

I'm in the same boat with my housekeeping. It almost feels like a mental illness sometimes- as strong as any depression. It also alienates me to the point where I won't welcome people into my home if it is unpresentable because I'm near phobic about being judged. I'm not a feng shui follower, but the whole simplicity part of it- and cleanliness part make sense. I know that my surroundings can really affect me.
So I guess my point is, I think when you get rid of all the stuff that you don't need, you're going to feel really accomplished and relieved.