Saturday, October 17, 2009

Odd Anniversaries

We've been in this house for two years now. I'm over it. I need to mail off that letter to the lady who owns the empty house down the street, to see if she'd be willing to rent to us. I'm offering below-market rent in exchange for her having to do nothing at all. The house has been vacant a few years and I'm sure there are lots of little fixes required to make it livable. I'm good at that.

Dan and I have been together for fifteen years. FIFTEEN. We are so very old. I've known him for almost seventeen years. It's kind of mind-blowing. I've known my husband for half of my life now.

Which reminds me, fifteen years deserves a big ol' whopping party. I'm thinking April 16th or 17th next year. What say you - Friday or Saturday? Even if we go vagabond, we'll come back to CA and have a blowout. Should I make it kids-welcome, or should I make it a chance for us to party like grownups? I was thinking of making it grownups only and then offering limited babysitting for people who have absolutely no other option, but then we'd have to have it at the church instead of in our yard, so we can keep the kids contained in the nursery room. I want pretty lights and dancing. Do we all still love to dance?

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Do it on a Saturday so that I have a chance of coming!

I remember my mother giving us a lesson in Miamaids where she told us that she had been married and living with my dad for longer than she had lived with her parents. We're coming up on that pretty soon, aren't we?

Jessica said...

I wanna come! I vaguely recall how to make my body dance...I have a 12-year-old, he could help herd the kids.

colleeeen said...

Yes! I was thinking of hiring some 12-to-14 year olds to entertain and corral kids. The only problem with doing it at the church is that I can't let it run all night... although who am I kidding, we'll all be falling asleep standing up by 11:00!