Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I Ain't Quit Yet

Life's just boring. Dan still has a job. I put a whole bunch of plants in the boxes in the front yard. I've started a lot of stuff from seed, including lots of fun asian winter crops - kailan, mitsuba, red mustard, mizuna. Paul started cross-country training today. My guitar playing improves at a slow, painful pace. We're going on a camping trip this Friday night with some friends from our ward. I'm going to build either a langstroth or a tanzanian beehive, once I find some super-idiot-proof instructions, because Jessica (who I have never even met!) has offered me a hive nucleus from her holyhoney brood. The pumpkin vines are coming out. I need to plant peas. Blah blah blah. Off to guitar class now.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

How fun is that! I really want a honeybee hive - my brother has some in Utah and his bumper crop was like 15 gallons - he's expecting a lot more this year.

Good luck!

Jessica said...

The swarm tried to take off again today. I caught them and put them in a nucleus box. I have no idea if I can get them to stay until you are ready, but I will try.

colleeeen said...

Jessica, don't go out of your way. There will be other opportunities, I'm sure. I still haven't found idiot plans.

Anonymous said...

if life is boring, bring the kiddies over to my house and lets get my garden growing! Ill buy/make you lunch...and the kids can play with the neighbor kids or in the mud ;) I just don't allow bean burritos on my sofa...

Anonymous said...

that last anonymous was NOT me I promise...although they did provide some helpful information ;)