Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Opossum #4

I relocated yet another juvenile possum this morning. We suspect a litter was born somewhere in our yard, probably inside The Rosebush That Time Forgot. Hopefully this was the last one. They like to eat the cat food, and they spook the chickens when they sniff around the coop, trying to steal eggs.

I take them way down the creek channel and release them on the other side of the freeway, in the trees alongside the creek. This was the first time I've been down since the floods last week, so I was able to check out all the new debris that washed up on the banks. I retrieved some excellent bamboo canes that will make either garden fence poles or trellises for peas, and saw some other good branches and lumber that I will retrieve later if I can - our section is concreted and steep-sided. Today is all about cleaning the main room of the house, since we have company coming on Friday.

No comments: