Friday, January 29, 2010

It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to.

So my birthday is coming up. I want a pair of Wellington boots. My $1 garage sale Sperry Topsiders are beginning to develop hairline cracks, so I want some Wellies because I have wanted Wellies for YEARS now and they just don't turn up at yard sales or thrift shops here. Nobody in soCal has them in stock. It appears I am forced to buy them online, which is very daunting because now I can get them in about 20 different colors and two different finishes and frankly that's too many choices for me! Do I go for bright obnoxious shiny shades like violet or pea green, or for camouflagey all-purpose shades like dark brown, black or original Scottish green? I imagine insane scenarios wherein a crazy killer is loose in the woods and I either live or die based on whether I am able to hide in the brush. Knee-high violet rubber boots would surely give away my hiding place.

Yes, I am crazy. I just keep a tight lid on it most of the time.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I'd be happiest with a conservative navy or such, but you seem the sort to go for fushia, or floral. Oxymoronic pink camo, at the least.

liannallama said...

oh, you know I say go for the bold color! life is so monotonous and mundane that sometimes purple boots are all we have to give us a lift! if you hate the shiny purple after a couple of years you can try dying them black or make them into an altered art project and collage them into something else, LOL! Why not have some fun!

Julia Harps said...

go for the funnest color you love. they will be cool no matter what.

Stephanie said...

I am in love with the pumpkin ones. My life would be complete if I just had something to wear them with.

Go for something you'll wear a lot - weather that's pea green or black. It would be a shame to let these sit in the closet!

Kimberly said...

I've been seeing rain boots all week with this weather, and the ones that make me ooh and aah are the patterned ones. Go with what you like and know you'll use. If you'd use the violet ones- why not let them be your secret joy on a spitty day.