Sunday, January 17, 2010

Some Good News

Amos is going home. His family told him to just leave his things and they will help him get set up when he gets there. His son will buy him a one-way ticket and Amos will bring whatever he can on the plane. Amos is determined to have the dignity of paying me back, so he is going to give me most of his possessions to sell. I did not tell him my conditions for repayment - that if I make more than what the ticket cost I'm sending it to him in Mississippi. Actually, he charged me nothing for all the labor he did at my Mom's house yesterday, so some of the ticket is already paid off!

He's so excited. The part of MS they live in is rural and everybody has horses, and Amos can't wait to ride and rope and be a cowboy again. I'm actually pretty jealous. He says he doesn't want to roam anymore and hinted that he hopes he'll marry "Miss Jones," the lady he met when he was out there. I hope it goes well, I don't want him to get discouraged and feel like running away again.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

All my fingers and toes are crossed for Amos. Does he have any large items you care to list ahead of time?

Julia Harps said...

that's awesome.

colleeeen said...

I think the biggest item will be a Suzuki motorcycle. It isn't running, but it's still worth something.

Stephanie said...

Awww. I'm glad his family is coming through for him and that he seems happy. I sure hope everything works out for him.

liannallama said...

That is the best thing of all to have his family take care of getting him home. I hope it all works out wonderfully for him!

Ken said...

That is good news.

Kimberly said...

I hope it all works out for him.