Monday, March 29, 2010

I Got Nothin'

The continuing limbo and seemingly endless false alarms are killing my soul. We *might* at least have an answer about who is buying the company by the end of this week, which *might* give us some insight into how safe D's job is.

I have delayed planting anything. I think I will just keep transferring plants to larger containers - that way if all ends up being safe and we then relocate up to the canyons, I'll be able to take my veggies with me and plant them there. Or, if D loses his job I can sell/give away the plants if we end up going vagabond. I doubt I'll have any trouble finding homes for the chickens; many generous friends have already offered to take them.

We might be baptizing Paul on May 29th. I'm going to sew him baptism clothes - just simple drawstring pants and a pullover shirt. Maybe I'll get ambitious and sew some for D as well, but I'm not banking on it.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are in our prayers. I hope you have a plan soon - whatever plan it is.

Jessica said...

Is the sewing to keep busy? We always used the oh-so-stylish white polyester jumpers from the stake center. But I can certainly see why you would need something to occupy your hands at this point.

colleeeen said...

I reject the polyester jumpers. I had my own baptism dress, so I want the boys to have their own special ritual clothing. Polyester just seems so un-Godly. LOL!

chrisinte said...

Hey, how did you get a dress? I had a polyester jumper! True, it mas made by Grandma, but it was still a heavy, itchy, waterlogged polyester jumper!!

I must have had a nice dress for confirmation though... guess I'll have to go look at photos.

colleeeen said...

Well chrisinte (LOL), I believe I got what I wanted by pitching a fit. The dress had a very small amount of pink embroidery and so Mom was opposed, but I wore her down through my famous obstinacy. Do you suppose the pink invalidated my baptism? ;)

christine said...

Hmm, that's what I get for docile complacency. And yes, the pink was a sin. So young, and yet so wicked. That explains your kids... spawns of Satan!!