Thursday, March 04, 2010

Moratorium

Ze internet, she is a black hole of time for me. I have an al-jibra exam next week, a sort of guitar performance (at E's preschool), and I have to figure out what I'm going to do with my kids so I can go on some sort of vacation for my spring break* - not to mention figuring out what I'm going to DO for said Spring Break. I'm thinking of stringing together a couple of overnight backpacking trips to local areas I haven't made it to yet. It's too cold to head to four corners or the higher local mountains, so I'm thinking the semi-desert ranges.

So adieu for seven days, friends. If you see me on Facebook, slap me (textually).


*I am going off for Spring Break because Dan currently plans to abandon me for 7+ days this summer to do half of the John Muir Trail with a friend. Rather than put on the martyr act, which I am nauseatingly good at, I need to carve out my own opportunities for kid-free recreation.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I admire your attitude.

Anonymous said...

AMEN sister!!! you take the bull by the horns, the horse by the reins, the car by the wheel, and whatever other empowering cliches you can think of and do it! you deserve a break today (and not a kit-kat bleccchhh!) and take some time for you. I will miss you! Adieu!

Stephanie said...

We'll miss you here on internet-land. Love you!

FoxFamily said...

Good for you Colleen!!