Thursday, March 18, 2010

Productivity

I should keep stats on my GDP, but I'd probably just end up mortified at how lazy I actually am.

Today's big project: cutting out dozens of fabric circles, to properly and safely store my beautiful china that I will never use. Well, I might get daring and use it for the adults on Easter. I would like to sew bags for the china as well - a bag for the stacked bowls, a bag for each set of plates, etc.

This is my china (sorry Julia, I know how much you covet it):



It's Royal Doulton's "Desert Star" pattern, from the 1950's. It's one of my greatest thrift store finds, and at $125 it was one of my biggest splurges as well. This picture doesn't even do it justice. I *love* this china. I have eight full settings. I even had the coffeepot and lid, until Eli thought it would be a great idea to kick the box it was in and knock it off the couch. It's a miracle that kid is still alive.

5 comments:

Casey said...

I love that china. GREAT FIND! If you ever need pieces for it (like a coffeepot and lid), there is a place out her in NC called Replacements. It's a GIGANTIC warehouse full of every style of place settings you can imagine. Movie companies buy from them when they are looking for a certain era. They are a little pricey but when you are just looking for one item of an item that's not made anymore it's worth it. You can also sell to them. I took some old glasses that I didn't use anymore and got $10 for each glass. They price it by supply and demand. Anyway, check out the website, I think it's fascinating.

christine said...

I love it! I will happily eat lamb and ham (and maybe spam) off of them at Easter.

liannallama said...

oh, I can see why you love them! This is a beautiful pattern! You definitely need to use these sometime!

stephaniestempinski said...

GORGEOUS!! I love, love, love.

I hope I get to eat off of them someday.

Kimberly said...

very very pretty