Tuesday, June 22, 2010

OK, This Is the Busytime.

Summer is here, and with it comes summer vacation. I like sleeping in and not fighting with Paul about his homework every bloody night, but this also means that I will almost have no alone time whatsoever until at least August. You Moms know that even our bathroom visits are rarely islands of solitude.

The Annual Clemens Family Beach Campout of Despair is first (I'm joking a little bit, but ye gods I am sick and tired of San Clemente every year), followed by Cub Scout Day Camp, to which I am blissfully only obligated to attend two days out of five. I am a sour old woman, but I know I will probably end up having a good time, unless they make me do physical labor out in the sun, in which case I will rapidly become unpleasant. Immediately following camp, the boys and I depart for Montana. Probably while driving our...

BRAND NEW DIESEL SUBURBAN! Well, it's new to us. It's old to the Los Angeles Fire Department's search & rescue team, which bought it new back in 1997 and recently auctioned it off to a dealer. It has rubber matting instead of carpet, it's fire engine red with matching red rims, and I have to admit it is much nicer than our old beast.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Still waiting for pictures...

samandholly said...

Cub Day Camp, again two days out of five, caused me to blast, at near-deafening levels, both Bad Religion and Pennywise in the parking lot of the church as I left. We'll just say it wasn't the wonderful experience I had hoped for...

Anonymous said...

rubber matting is perfect. you can just hose out the suburban after the trip.

thefoxkids said...

Colleen, I did my time with my 2 boys at day camp I put in 6 yrs in 3 different states.. (i actually went as a cub scout leader year before my oldest could go)cant say i'm sorry those days are over BUT i do look back onto those times very fondly.. and the last 3 yrs KayLea got to go in the "tot=lot" and was so sad she didn't get to go anymore.. memories! have fun!!!