Thursday, June 03, 2010

Self Injury.

Why, why, why do I torture myself? Another house came up for sale, way way up at the end of Silverado Canyon. It's lovely and I want it and it has probably $50k in termite damage. Ohmygosh it's so pretty and romantic and the creek runs right through it and there's a footbridge you have to cross from the parking area and there are morning glories vining all over it and OH HELL. The price is crazy low and it's going to get snatched up and our realtor wants us to be patient and wait for the termite report and D is out of town but he's given me permission to sign his name on an offer and I'm trying so hard not to get all wound up into a tizzy.

3 comments:

Kristy Lou said...

I do this ALL THE TIME TOO!! So don't feel too bad. I want a townhome that is one the market right now (really bad), but my stupid house won't sell and so there is nothing I can do about it at the moment and I know it will get snatched up before I can sell my house...ect. ect. ect. I feel your pain!! As I am also DYING to MOVE!!

Jessica said...

Now I understand why you were watching "Bleak House." If you want to distract yourself a bit more, "Little Dorritt" with Matthew McFaddyen is also quite good. I don't recall any sucker-punches at the end, either. I can usually sniff it out on youtube.

Stephanie said...

Oh, oh, oh. I hope it's not a money pit - but if you love it - termite damage can be corrected!

Good luck. Or not. Whichever is the right thing to say.

Love you