Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Anticipation

I should file this under "Facebook, how do I love thee?"

Our college crew is having a reunion this month. It's really just a party in Sam's backyard, but I'm more excited about this than I have been about any of my high school reunions (I skipped them all and have no plans to go to any in the future). Not all of our crew will be there (Ben is in Afghanistan, Sean hasn't bothered to tell us what his conflict is), but even incomplete I think this is going to possibly be the best night of 2010 for D & me. I'm bursting at the seams waiting for it. Sam, I know you are too!

All the myriad frustrations of my life right now are viewed through a prism of excitement and anticipation. It makes it all bearable. Yes, I'm angry, a little bit scared, confused, overwhelmed. But I'm going to see some of the best friends of my life soon, almost the whole gang together, and I want to dance like a little girl!

9 comments:

samandholly said...

The whole discussion has been the highlight of my online month. I can't believe it's been almost 15 years since we all were in school together.

samandholly said...

re: the dancing. If only we knew some DJs who could accommodate such a request...

christine said...

LIKE!!

colleeeen said...

I should clarify, because I don't want friends from college who were not in this particular gang to be offended - this is more a reunion of some of us who grew up together. I think a larger MSAC reunion may be in the works for next year.

samandholly said...

Oh, I thought we were deliberately excluding them so that we could hurt their feelings! Oops!
See the rest of you all next year!

Stephanie said...

Awww man. I was ready to be offended! Just because I chose to go to college out of state means that I'm not on the list!

I really hope you guys have the best time. Take some pictures and post them so I can live vicariously through you.

Nora's world said...

I just found out about this... no pressure because it is at MY house!!

samandholly said...

Just found out, nothin! I told you about this at least two weeks ago!

colleeeen said...

Want me to come over early and help clean?