Monday, September 13, 2010

Schoolio, Foolio!

Today was the first day back to school. Eli's first day of Kindergarten! Paul's first day of third grade!

Me: "How was Kindergarten?"

Eli: "A little bit bad."

Me: "Why a little bit bad?'

Eli: "Because I didn't know how to act. The teacher told us the rules in Spanish and I don't speak Spanish. I wish Spanish had never been invented."

He is also a little disappointed that everybody wasn't instantly his friend. His teacher (whose name Eli can't pronounce yet) said that he was very good, so I tried to reassure him, but he still insists he was bad. However, once I got him talking about the things they did in class he brightened right up. he'll be OK.

Paul is the one I'm worried about. My first impression is that we have yet another non-nurturing teacher, but first impressions are often wrong. I plan on being in the classroom at least one day a week this year, so we'll see how it goes. I'm prepared to yank Paul out if that becomes necessary.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I have a kinder and 3rd grader too. I still have to update my blog about that. Better get on with that before the school year ends, huh? My Laura's first day went like this:
Me: How was school?
Her: Good.
Me: What did you do?
Her: Nothing.
Me: You just sat and stared at the teacher all day?
Her: Well we sang itsy bitsy spider (then sings the whole song), we had recess and lunch.
Me: Anything else?
Her: Yeah.....but I'll tell you next week, I'm too tired today.