Monday, December 20, 2010

Homeownership Rocks!

Dan spent all day Saturday trying to fix a leaky toilet, all to no avail. 

The new dishwasher won't drain completely.  The cause is probably a plumbing problem under the kitchen sink.  I'll have to try to solve it by using a DIY plumbing book, because...

We now have a roof leak over the master bathroom.  WE had to puncture the ceiling and drain it - two stockpots' worth of water.  I can't get up on the roof myself and spread out plastic sheeting, so we're going to have to spring for a roofing contractor.  Sigh. 

3 comments:

Tara said...

We have a roof leak too. It is so bad. I had to drain it yesterday before church and it is still draining. Know you are not alone!

colleeeen said...

That's oddly comforting, Tara. I had great success today with stapling .6m plastic sheeting over the leaking area.

Kimba said...

I know your pain... although I'd like to point out that you are far more hands on about fixing the problem than I've been. Kudos to you for being all DIY about it. I just run to the other extreme... even beyond paying someone to do it. I just pretend it doesn't exist (like the closet that was leaked into this past summer developing nasty mold... I just shut the door and voila... it looks like any other closet- no one's the wiser)